IAS ACCREDITED LAB TESTED
NOTE: Check with your local building codes prior to installation
Installation Guide – Model #D2W58
- Cut ledger to length and lay out deck joists on ledger.
- Temporarily attach the ledger in the desired location.
- Drill holes as required for fasteners. Avoid joist locations and vertical grooves in siding if applicable. Refer to Deck Ledger Fastening Table on reverse side for the correct spacing of fasteners. Consult a designer or building official if needed.
- Remove ledger, center Deck2wall® Spacers over bolt holes and attach spacers to the building side of the ledger. To comply with the D2W58 fastening table, install each spacer with 3-#8 x 1 5/8” Phillips Square-Driv® or GuardDog® screws, or equal. Use only premium exterior coated or 300 series stainless steel (Grip-Rite® PrimeGuard MAX®), 1 5/8” minimum length, #8 or larger.
- At the building, apply sealant in and around the bolt holes / pilot holes to prevent moisture intrusion.
- Position ledger against the building. Align bolt /pilot holes and secure fasteners.
Install each Deck2wall® Spacer to ledger with 3 – #8 x 1 5/8” exterior screws (as noted above) and use spacers as a template to drill through ledger. Position ledger in the desired location and continue drilling as required into supporting structure. Apply sealant and secure fasteners.
Phillips Square-Driv®, GuardDog®, and Grip-Rite® PrimeGuard MAX® are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For complete technical information please refer to the manufacturer’s website.